Apple is to pilot a merchant partnership program that “may be related to Apple launching a loyalty/rewards program”, Bank Innovation reports, citing “multiple sources with knowledge of the program”. While retailers will be part of the program, the report adds, “it may extend to other types of companies as well” with hotel chain Intercontinental Hotels Group believed to be among those involved in talks with Apple on the plan.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes