Apple is to pilot a merchant partnership program that “may be related to Apple launching a loyalty/rewards program”, Bank Innovation reports, citing “multiple sources with knowledge of the program”. While retailers will be part of the program, the report adds, “it may extend to other types of companies as well” with hotel chain Intercontinental Hotels Group believed to be among those involved in talks with Apple on the plan.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash