Apple is to pilot a merchant partnership program that “may be related to Apple launching a loyalty/rewards program”, Bank Innovation reports, citing “multiple sources with knowledge of the program”. While retailers will be part of the program, the report adds, “it may extend to other types of companies as well” with hotel chain Intercontinental Hotels Group believed to be among those involved in talks with Apple on the plan.
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments