PARTNER VIEWS: The launch of Apple Pay “is good news for US iPhone users who want to ‘tap to pay’,” Martin Cox, global head of sales at Bell ID, writes in a blog post. “But what about the majority of smartphone users who are using an Android device? What about those of us outside of the US? The good news, he says, is that “banks finally have clarity” on the preferred technology at the point of sale, and “for Apple’s primary market, the US, it’s also strong endorsement for the ubiquity of EMV.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?