PARTNER VIEWS: The launch of Apple Pay “is good news for US iPhone users who want to ‘tap to pay’,” Martin Cox, global head of sales at Bell ID, writes in a blog post. “But what about the majority of smartphone users who are using an Android device? What about those of us outside of the US? The good news, he says, is that “banks finally have clarity” on the preferred technology at the point of sale, and “for Apple’s primary market, the US, it’s also strong endorsement for the ubiquity of EMV.”
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts