PARTNER VIEWS: The launch of Apple Pay “is good news for US iPhone users who want to ‘tap to pay’,” Martin Cox, global head of sales at Bell ID, writes in a blog post. “But what about the majority of smartphone users who are using an Android device? What about those of us outside of the US? The good news, he says, is that “banks finally have clarity” on the preferred technology at the point of sale, and “for Apple’s primary market, the US, it’s also strong endorsement for the ubiquity of EMV.”
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams