European merchants who accept either MasterCard or Maestro will be required to switch to contactless POS terminals by 1 January 2020, “ensuring that consumers will be able to pay with their contactless cards and NFC enabled devices at all point-of-sale (POS) terminals”, the payment network has announced. “New POS terminals must adhere to the new standard upon deployment as from 1 January 2016,” MasterCard adds.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK