Access to the NFC chip in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available only to Apple Pay, an Apple spokeswoman has told Cult of Mac. Whether that restriction applies only to the secure element or to all NFC functions, including tag reading/writing, is not yet confirmed, however.
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry