Access to the NFC chip in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available only to Apple Pay, an Apple spokeswoman has told Cult of Mac. Whether that restriction applies only to the secure element or to all NFC functions, including tag reading/writing, is not yet confirmed, however.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa