Access to the NFC chip in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available only to Apple Pay, an Apple spokeswoman has told Cult of Mac. Whether that restriction applies only to the secure element or to all NFC functions, including tag reading/writing, is not yet confirmed, however.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone