PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from HCE specialist SimplyTapp explains how Apple is using tokens in its new Apple Pay NFC mobile payments service — and how that compares with the way tokens are used to enable Android phones to make NFC mobile payments using host card emulation (HCE). “The important concept that has gotten lost with the Apple announcement is that the concept of ‘tokenization’ as Apple Pay uses [it] is still the exact plan for tokenization in the Android space,” CEO Doug Yeager explains.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022