PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from HCE specialist SimplyTapp explains how Apple is using tokens in its new Apple Pay NFC mobile payments service — and how that compares with the way tokens are used to enable Android phones to make NFC mobile payments using host card emulation (HCE). “The important concept that has gotten lost with the Apple announcement is that the concept of ‘tokenization’ as Apple Pay uses [it] is still the exact plan for tokenization in the Android space,” CEO Doug Yeager explains.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology