PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from HCE specialist SimplyTapp explains how Apple is using tokens in its new Apple Pay NFC mobile payments service — and how that compares with the way tokens are used to enable Android phones to make NFC mobile payments using host card emulation (HCE). “The important concept that has gotten lost with the Apple announcement is that the concept of ‘tokenization’ as Apple Pay uses [it] is still the exact plan for tokenization in the Android space,” CEO Doug Yeager explains.
- Calling all payment, card and secure credential technology suppliers
- US survey finds growing support for biometrics as a replacement for passwords and PINs
- Samsung and LG to launch low-end smartphones that support their mobile payment services
- Gemalto agrees to be acquired by Thales
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018