PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from HCE specialist SimplyTapp explains how Apple is using tokens in its new Apple Pay NFC mobile payments service — and how that compares with the way tokens are used to enable Android phones to make NFC mobile payments using host card emulation (HCE). “The important concept that has gotten lost with the Apple announcement is that the concept of ‘tokenization’ as Apple Pay uses [it] is still the exact plan for tokenization in the Android space,” CEO Doug Yeager explains.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security