Chinese online payments giant Alipay has adopted Nok Nok Labs’ S3 Authentication Suite, enabling customers with a Samsung Galaxy S5 to use the fingerprint sensor (FPS) on their device to authenticate payments. The move means that “Alipay customers who make purchases and transfers in Alipay’s mobile application, Alipay Wallet, no longer need to enter a password — just apply their fingerprint to the FPS for a simple, secure mobile shopping experience leveraging emerging FIDO standards,” says Nok Nok.
- ST launches NFC universal device for next-generation POS terminals
- Liopa uses lip reading to add security to face recognition systems
- NXP adds support for FeliCa to NFC phones
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices