Mary Carol Harris, Visa Europe’s high profile director of mobile, has joined Apple Europe to work on Apple Pay. Harris has been involved in commercializing NFC mobile payments since 2006 when she led the team that launched the O2 Wallet NFC initiative in the UK — one of the world’s first NFC pilots — and has worked on NFC for Visa Europe since 2008.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API