Mary Carol Harris, Visa Europe’s high profile director of mobile, has joined Apple Europe to work on Apple Pay. Harris has been involved in commercializing NFC mobile payments since 2006 when she led the team that launched the O2 Wallet NFC initiative in the UK — one of the world’s first NFC pilots — and has worked on NFC for Visa Europe since 2008.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards