Mary Carol Harris, Visa Europe’s high profile director of mobile, has joined Apple Europe to work on Apple Pay. Harris has been involved in commercializing NFC mobile payments since 2006 when she led the team that launched the O2 Wallet NFC initiative in the UK — one of the world’s first NFC pilots — and has worked on NFC for Visa Europe since 2008.
- India moves towards interoperable mobile wallets
- Apple issues apology to Chinese mobile wallet phishing victims
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK