Tencent’s instant messaging app WeChat can now be used to make payments in the retail stores of nine Chinese merchants including DQ Ice Queen, NUS Pharmacy, Rainbow, One Plus One, Lotus, Good Neighbours, Baby Room, Minsheng Department Store and NUS 365, according to Iamwire. “Whenever they click into the credit card function, there will be a two-dimensional code for scanning and barcode on the screen, respectively,” the report explains.
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores