Tencent’s instant messaging app WeChat can now be used to make payments in the retail stores of nine Chinese merchants including DQ Ice Queen, NUS Pharmacy, Rainbow, One Plus One, Lotus, Good Neighbours, Baby Room, Minsheng Department Store and NUS 365, according to Iamwire. “Whenever they click into the credit card function, there will be a two-dimensional code for scanning and barcode on the screen, respectively,” the report explains.
- EMVCo releases QR Payment Mark
- Bank of America adds AI assistant to mobile banking app
- US Bank to test connected fleet car payments
- PayPal to acquire iZettle for in-store payments push
- Amazon uses QR codes to let Prime members access discounts in Whole Foods Market stores