Tencent’s instant messaging app WeChat can now be used to make payments in the retail stores of nine Chinese merchants including DQ Ice Queen, NUS Pharmacy, Rainbow, One Plus One, Lotus, Good Neighbours, Baby Room, Minsheng Department Store and NUS 365, according to Iamwire. “Whenever they click into the credit card function, there will be a two-dimensional code for scanning and barcode on the screen, respectively,” the report explains.
- Fossil launches sports watch with NFC payments
- Veterans charity uses contactless cards to collect donations via NFC
- PNC Bank to offer dynamic CVV cards to commercial customers
- Singapore Post adds NFC tags to 15,000 mail boxes
- Google Pay goes live in the United Arab Emirates