PARTNER VIEWS: The question of whether or not Apple has included NFC tag reading and writing capabilities in the iPhone 6 is examined in a new blog post by NFC tag specialist RapidNFC. The article explains why the NFC antenna in a mobile phone needs to be more powerful for tag reading than for payments and concludes that “there’s nothing to indicate that such an antenna doesn’t exist within the phone. Even if nobody seems to have actually found it yet.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform