Samsung’s version of Apple Pay is now live in China, Korea’s Yonhap news agency reports. The phone maker has taken a similar route to Apple by partnering with EMVCo member China UnionPay, which has an installed base of 3.6m contactless POS terminals, for the launch of an NFC payment service for users of its devices. “The tie up with UnionPay, which controls 80% of China’s offline payment market, is expected to give Samsung a head start in the mobile payment sector,” the agency says.
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year