Samsung’s version of Apple Pay is now live in China, Korea’s Yonhap news agency reports. The phone maker has taken a similar route to Apple by partnering with EMVCo member China UnionPay, which has an installed base of 3.6m contactless POS terminals, for the launch of an NFC payment service for users of its devices. “The tie up with UnionPay, which controls 80% of China’s offline payment market, is expected to give Samsung a head start in the mobile payment sector,” the agency says.
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena
- HonkMobile launches app-free Apple Pay NFC payments
- Apple Card pilot expands to ‘thousands of retail workers’
- China’s Expresspay Card moves into wearable payments
- PayByPhone integrates with Alexa to let drivers pay by voice from their cars