Samsung’s version of Apple Pay is now live in China, Korea’s Yonhap news agency reports. The phone maker has taken a similar route to Apple by partnering with EMVCo member China UnionPay, which has an installed base of 3.6m contactless POS terminals, for the launch of an NFC payment service for users of its devices. “The tie up with UnionPay, which controls 80% of China’s offline payment market, is expected to give Samsung a head start in the mobile payment sector,” the agency says.
- Samsung Pay rolls out across Hong Kong following early access launch
- Amazon adds shoppable stickers to its iOS app
- Ant Financial enters Hong Kong market with AlipayHK mobile wallet
- Macey’s invites shoppers to skip checkout lines
- Danish fintech startup Clearhaus buys 33% of a Danish bank – eyeing new business model and expansion