Samsung’s version of Apple Pay is now live in China, Korea’s Yonhap news agency reports. The phone maker has taken a similar route to Apple by partnering with EMVCo member China UnionPay, which has an installed base of 3.6m contactless POS terminals, for the launch of an NFC payment service for users of its devices. “The tie up with UnionPay, which controls 80% of China’s offline payment market, is expected to give Samsung a head start in the mobile payment sector,” the agency says.
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security
- Google and Stripe eye a slice of UPI pie in India
- Guide explores key benefits of Samsung Pay
- Bank of America enhances customer choice: Provides secure and reliable access to data
- Phillips 66 unveils new mobile platform at Momentum Conference