The ability to make payments from within Facebook Messenger is on its way, according to screenshots and video footage spotted by Techcrunch. “Messenger’s payment option lets users send money in a message similar to how they can send a photo,” the report explains. “Users can add a debit card in Messenger, or use one they already have on file with Facebook. An in-app pincode also exists for added security around payments.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole