Boku, the carrier billing specialist which is working with UK networks to let customers charge the cost of physical goods to their mobile phone bill, has acquired Germany-based rival Mopay. “The combined assets of the two companies will offer greater scale and operational efficiency and a more standardized carrier billing solution to the benefit of merchants, carriers and consumers alike,” Boku says.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency