Mobile payment provider Dash is expanding to Chicago, adding 20 restaurants and bars in the city to its existing base of 50 locations in New York. Customers wanting to use the service tell their waiter or bartender on arrival and Dash then connects their tab to the venue’s POS system, “allowing the items you’ve ordered to appear in real-time on your phone”. They then use the app to pay their bill at the end of their visit by selecting a payment card they have pre-linked to the app.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain