Mobile payment provider Dash is expanding to Chicago, adding 20 restaurants and bars in the city to its existing base of 50 locations in New York. Customers wanting to use the service tell their waiter or bartender on arrival and Dash then connects their tab to the venue’s POS system, “allowing the items you’ve ordered to appear in real-time on your phone”. They then use the app to pay their bill at the end of their visit by selecting a payment card they have pre-linked to the app.
- Apple Pay launches in Norway
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform