Mobile payment provider Dash is expanding to Chicago, adding 20 restaurants and bars in the city to its existing base of 50 locations in New York. Customers wanting to use the service tell their waiter or bartender on arrival and Dash then connects their tab to the venue’s POS system, “allowing the items you’ve ordered to appear in real-time on your phone”. They then use the app to pay their bill at the end of their visit by selecting a payment card they have pre-linked to the app.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case