Mobile payment provider Dash is expanding to Chicago, adding 20 restaurants and bars in the city to its existing base of 50 locations in New York. Customers wanting to use the service tell their waiter or bartender on arrival and Dash then connects their tab to the venue’s POS system, “allowing the items you’ve ordered to appear in real-time on your phone”. They then use the app to pay their bill at the end of their visit by selecting a payment card they have pre-linked to the app.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps