Swedish taxi firm Taxi020 is promoting downloads of its booking app via NFC posters placed in 70 restaurants, bars and cafes in the cities of Stockholm and Gothenburg. Customers who tap the posters are taken to the app’s download page on Google Play or Windows Store and can then use it to obtain a fixed price quote from the taxi operator on their mobile phone. “The idea is to target people on their way home after a nice meal or drink out,” supplier Adfields’ Martin Kemeny told NFC World+.
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?