Swedish taxi firm Taxi020 is promoting downloads of its booking app via NFC posters placed in 70 restaurants, bars and cafes in the cities of Stockholm and Gothenburg. Customers who tap the posters are taken to the app’s download page on Google Play or Windows Store and can then use it to obtain a fixed price quote from the taxi operator on their mobile phone. “The idea is to target people on their way home after a nice meal or drink out,” supplier Adfields’ Martin Kemeny told NFC World+.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash