Ireland’s National Transport Authority has awarded a contract to transit specialist Vix to enable Leap prepaid card users to top up their balance via NFC. The service will go live “over the coming year” and will let cardholders “use a special, free smartphone app to top-up their Leap Cards immediately (from their credit or debit cards) via the smartphone app, just by holding the card and the phone close to each other.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works