US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order “directing the government to lead by example in securing transactions and sensitive data” by adding chip and PIN security to payment cards. “He is calling on all stakeholders to join the Administration and a number of major corporations in driving the [US] economy toward more secure standards to safeguarding consumer finances and reduce their chances of becoming victims of identity theft — America’s fastest-growing crime,” the White House says.
- Maybank teams up with GrabPay for mobile payments in Malaysia
- Starbucks continues to lead the US mobile payments market
- Translink adds mobile payments for transit users in Vancouver
- EMVCo releases QR Payment Mark
- Bank of America adds AI assistant to mobile banking app