US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order “directing the government to lead by example in securing transactions and sensitive data” by adding chip and PIN security to payment cards. “He is calling on all stakeholders to join the Administration and a number of major corporations in driving the [US] economy toward more secure standards to safeguarding consumer finances and reduce their chances of becoming victims of identity theft — America’s fastest-growing crime,” the White House says.
- Samsung Pay rolls out across Hong Kong following early access launch
- Amazon adds shoppable stickers to its iOS app
- Ant Financial enters Hong Kong market with AlipayHK mobile wallet
- Macey’s invites shoppers to skip checkout lines
- Danish fintech startup Clearhaus buys 33% of a Danish bank – eyeing new business model and expansion