American Express is to launch a US$10m Small Merchant EMV Assistance Program in February 2015 to drive adoption of EMV. “We know from speaking with our smallest merchants that they are too busy running the day-to-day operations of their businesses to keep up with the constantly changing fraud landscape,” says Amex’s Anré Williams. “We’re launching this program to help educate small merchants about point-of-sale security and offset the cost of upgrading their terminals.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works