American Express is to launch a US$10m Small Merchant EMV Assistance Program in February 2015 to drive adoption of EMV. “We know from speaking with our smallest merchants that they are too busy running the day-to-day operations of their businesses to keep up with the constantly changing fraud landscape,” says Amex’s Anré Williams. “We’re launching this program to help educate small merchants about point-of-sale security and offset the cost of upgrading their terminals.”
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods