There are 20.55 million NFC mobile handsets in use in Japan according to new data compiled by the Mobile NFC Association. A total of 86 different NFC phones are currently available from the three main mobile network operators, NTT Docomo, KDDI and Softbank.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump