There are 20.55 million NFC mobile handsets in use in Japan according to new data compiled by the Mobile NFC Association. A total of 86 different NFC phones are currently available from the three main mobile network operators, NTT Docomo, KDDI and Softbank.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones