There are 20.55 million NFC mobile handsets in use in Japan according to new data compiled by the Mobile NFC Association. A total of 86 different NFC phones are currently available from the three main mobile network operators, NTT Docomo, KDDI and Softbank.
- Apple Pay launches in Norway
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform