Dutch newspaper publisher NDC Media is testing Bluetooth beacons with thirty shops in the town of Leeuwarden, Netherlands, to send offers to consumer smartphones running the Lightcurb mobile app. “The overarching goal is to connect shoppers and entrepreneurs together; this test is designed to gain experience,” NDC explains. The company is working with Lightcurb platform operator Snakeware for the pilot, which is scheduled to run until the end of 2014.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India