A teardown of the iPad Air 2 by iFixit has found that Apple has included an NXP 65V10 NFC module in the new tablet. The part is the same used to provide NFC functionality in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and its inclusion is a surprise as no mention of any NFC capability was made when the iPad Air 2 was announced last week.
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module
- Most US banks expected to renew Apple Pay contracts
- Barclays CEO: Payments is the battleground of finance
- Gates Foundation releases Mojaloop open source mobile payments software
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India