Apple is eyeing up the possibility of launching Apple Pay in Korea, Korea Bizwire reports. “It is reported that the American company inquired with the Financial Supervisory Service about the electronic payment business licensing and security suitability evaluation procedure,” the article says. “According to financial industry sources on October 20, officials from Apple Korea visited the financial regulator recently and asked about domestic registration of its new e-payment service Apple Pay.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year