Apple is eyeing up the possibility of launching Apple Pay in Korea, Korea Bizwire reports. “It is reported that the American company inquired with the Financial Supervisory Service about the electronic payment business licensing and security suitability evaluation procedure,” the article says. “According to financial industry sources on October 20, officials from Apple Korea visited the financial regulator recently and asked about domestic registration of its new e-payment service Apple Pay.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform