Europe’s largest online restaurant booking website is testing Apple’s iBeacon location technology to send offers and menus to potential diners toting iPhones as they pass by a participating location. Bookatable has worked with American Express to install BLE beacons in 119 restaurants participating in the London Restaurant Festival, including Ping Pong, Spaghetti House, Villandry, Oxo Tower, Thai Square and STK London.
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones