Europe’s largest online restaurant booking website is testing Apple’s iBeacon location technology to send offers and menus to potential diners toting iPhones as they pass by a participating location. Bookatable has worked with American Express to install BLE beacons in 119 restaurants participating in the London Restaurant Festival, including Ping Pong, Spaghetti House, Villandry, Oxo Tower, Thai Square and STK London.
- JCB to add support for Google Pay in Japan
- South African retail giant Shoprite moves into mobile payments and banking
- Hyundai to add support for payments in cars
- Google Pay adds support for Japanese payment cards
- PayPal extends its partnership with Google Pay