Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD) has launched a virtual bank branch for Facebook, letting its online banking customers check balances, pay credit card bills, transfer money between accounts and track expenses from within the social network. Customers need to link their online banking profile to their Facebook account and verify the setup using a one-time password sent to their mobile device to use the service.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes