Chinese online payments giant Alipay demonstrated Alipay Touch, a fingerprint biometric system for its mobile wallet app, at a conference in Beijing earlier this month. AliPay Touch allows users to make mobile payments through Alipay Wallet by swiping their finger, WSJ reports. The company is also working with startup Megvii to add facial recognition technology to the wallet for account creation and verification.
- Apple Pay launches in Norway
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform