Chinese online payments giant Alipay demonstrated Alipay Touch, a fingerprint biometric system for its mobile wallet app, at a conference in Beijing earlier this month. AliPay Touch allows users to make mobile payments through Alipay Wallet by swiping their finger, WSJ reports. The company is also working with startup Megvii to add facial recognition technology to the wallet for account creation and verification.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain