The former head of Google Wallet has unveiled a payment terminal supporting mag stripe, EMV, NFC, QR codes and beacon technology with no add-ons or dongles needed. Poynt is both a stylish POS terminal and the name of the startup behind it. “We wanted to make sure this device would keep up with the rapidly changing payments landscape,” says Osama Bedier. “We call upon banks and developers to join us in this mission to do for merchants what smartphones have done for consumers — usher in a new chapter of commerce.”
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?