The former head of Google Wallet has unveiled a payment terminal supporting mag stripe, EMV, NFC, QR codes and beacon technology with no add-ons or dongles needed. Poynt is both a stylish POS terminal and the name of the startup behind it. “We wanted to make sure this device would keep up with the rapidly changing payments landscape,” says Osama Bedier. “We call upon banks and developers to join us in this mission to do for merchants what smartphones have done for consumers — usher in a new chapter of commerce.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?