The former head of Google Wallet has unveiled a payment terminal supporting mag stripe, EMV, NFC, QR codes and beacon technology with no add-ons or dongles needed. Poynt is both a stylish POS terminal and the name of the startup behind it. “We wanted to make sure this device would keep up with the rapidly changing payments landscape,” says Osama Bedier. “We call upon banks and developers to join us in this mission to do for merchants what smartphones have done for consumers — usher in a new chapter of commerce.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works