American Express has announced the US launch of American Express Token Service, a suite of solutions enabling traditional card account numbers to be replaced with tokens for mobile, online, in-store and NFC payments. Network specifications for host card emulation (HCE) are now also available globally, says Amex, providing “card-issuing partners with additional security options and solutions for payments made with mobile NFC-enabled devices that support Android OS KitKat.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works