American Express has announced the US launch of American Express Token Service, a suite of solutions enabling traditional card account numbers to be replaced with tokens for mobile, online, in-store and NFC payments. Network specifications for host card emulation (HCE) are now also available globally, says Amex, providing “card-issuing partners with additional security options and solutions for payments made with mobile NFC-enabled devices that support Android OS KitKat.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?