MCX member Target has integrated Apple Pay into its mobile app but is not accepting payments via Apple Pay in its stores, the retailer has told NFC World+. “We are accepting Apple Pay for online purchases made in the Target app,” the merchant explained. “Our point-of-sale terminals are not NFC-enabled.” A group of the company’s headquarters employees have been testing the MCX CurrentC mobile payment app in a number of stores since October, Target added.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones