Bitcoin payment gateway BitPay is to roll out a point-of-sale app to “every mobile market worldwide” that makes it possible for merchants to process Bitcoin payments via NFC. “Bitcoin Checkout is designed to be both fully-featured for solo use and simple to use alongside existing point-of-sale systems,” the company explains. “Merchants can start accepting Bitcoin today — even if their vendor isn’t among the Bitcoin point-of-sale integrations we currently offer.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year