Bitcoin payment gateway BitPay is to roll out a point-of-sale app to “every mobile market worldwide” that makes it possible for merchants to process Bitcoin payments via NFC. “Bitcoin Checkout is designed to be both fully-featured for solo use and simple to use alongside existing point-of-sale systems,” the company explains. “Merchants can start accepting Bitcoin today — even if their vendor isn’t among the Bitcoin point-of-sale integrations we currently offer.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?