There will be 604m users of wearable biometric technology globally by 2019, a new report from Goode Intelligence forecasts. “The next wave of consumer-led biometric adoption will be led by the integration into wearable technology — smartwatches, bands, earpods, jewellery and glasses,” the company says.
- EU offers issuers extra time to implement strong customer authentication
- Public Transport Victoria reports strong takeup for Mobile myki transit cards
- US Payments Forum sets out best practices for growing contactless payments adoption
- National Bank of Kuwait claims world first with contactless metal Visa credit card
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena