Finnish mobile wallet Pivo has now been downloaded to 300,000 smartphones and a third of users — more than 100,000 — are making use of the app every day. Pivo lets consumers track their card transaction details, pay for goods both in-store and online, receive real-time transaction notifications, redeem vouchers and sync with loyalty programmes. The service also forecasts users’ future account balances.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users