Finnish mobile wallet Pivo has now been downloaded to 300,000 smartphones and a third of users — more than 100,000 — are making use of the app every day. Pivo lets consumers track their card transaction details, pay for goods both in-store and online, receive real-time transaction notifications, redeem vouchers and sync with loyalty programmes. The service also forecasts users’ future account balances.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service