Australia’s ANZ is to launch an NFC-enabled mobile wallet in early 2015, following a successful trial of the service. Customers will be able to “securely transfer and store a single ANZ card or multiple ANZ cards on their phone and use those cards to transact at contactless terminals,” the bank says. A new Tap & PIN solution that is to be rolled out across its ATM network will also use NFC for authentication and transaction pre-staging in the future, ANZ adds.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts