Australia’s ANZ is to launch an NFC-enabled mobile wallet in early 2015, following a successful trial of the service. Customers will be able to “securely transfer and store a single ANZ card or multiple ANZ cards on their phone and use those cards to transact at contactless terminals,” the bank says. A new Tap & PIN solution that is to be rolled out across its ATM network will also use NFC for authentication and transaction pre-staging in the future, ANZ adds.
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money