Australia’s ANZ is to launch an NFC-enabled mobile wallet in early 2015, following a successful trial of the service. Customers will be able to “securely transfer and store a single ANZ card or multiple ANZ cards on their phone and use those cards to transact at contactless terminals,” the bank says. A new Tap & PIN solution that is to be rolled out across its ATM network will also use NFC for authentication and transaction pre-staging in the future, ANZ adds.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments