US carrier joint venture Softcard’s NFC mobile payments service will be available on more than 100 devices by the end of the year. “We believe in customer choice — it’s one of our core principles and an important factor in driving widespread consumer adoption,” says CEO Michael Abbott. Softcard currently runs on selected Android and Windows Phone devices, with support for iOS planned.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK