US mobile payments provider Square has now processed a total of one billion payment transactions. “Who made the billionth swipe? A merchant in Sacramento that’s been using Square for two years,” founder Jack Dorsey reveals.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants