US mobile payments provider Square has now processed a total of one billion payment transactions. “Who made the billionth swipe? A merchant in Sacramento that’s been using Square for two years,” founder Jack Dorsey reveals.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API