Powa Technologies has raised US$80m from Wellington Management to launch its PowaTag mobile payments platform in the US. The company has now signed up more than 950 retailers and brands worldwide, Powa has told NFC World+.
- Seven watch brands to embed Barclaycard’s bPay wearable payments in their devices
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders