Google is to “retire” its Google Wallet for digital goods API and has told merchants who currently let customers pay for digital goods via Google Wallet on their websites that they will need to remove API calls to the service by 2 March 2015. Those who exclusively use Google “will need to transition to an alternate solution”, the company says. Support will continue for both in-app payments and apps sold via the Google Play store, Google adds.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service