Apple Pay accounts for 50% of tap-and-pay transactions at McDonald’s, which accepts “all payment products that leverage standard NFC”, according to a New York Times report. Walgreens has seen its mobile wallet payment volumes double since Apple Pay was launched, the report adds, but Toys R Us says it has seen “relatively few” mobile transactions because customers are “still learning about the new technology”. Whole Foods Market revealed last week that it has processed more than 150,000 Apple Pay transactions.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent