Apple Pay accounts for 50% of tap-and-pay transactions at McDonald’s, which accepts “all payment products that leverage standard NFC”, according to a New York Times report. Walgreens has seen its mobile wallet payment volumes double since Apple Pay was launched, the report adds, but Toys R Us says it has seen “relatively few” mobile transactions because customers are “still learning about the new technology”. Whole Foods Market revealed last week that it has processed more than 150,000 Apple Pay transactions.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points