Apple Pay accounts for 50% of tap-and-pay transactions at McDonald’s, which accepts “all payment products that leverage standard NFC”, according to a New York Times report. Walgreens has seen its mobile wallet payment volumes double since Apple Pay was launched, the report adds, but Toys R Us says it has seen “relatively few” mobile transactions because customers are “still learning about the new technology”. Whole Foods Market revealed last week that it has processed more than 150,000 Apple Pay transactions.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account