Oberthur Technologies (OT) has teamed up with NFC mPOS services provider Mobeewave for Flying mPOS, a solution that will enable NFC devices equipped with Oberthur’s Pearl embedded secure element to be used as a mobile POS terminal — without the need for a separate dongle or other add-on. “The commercial product will receive all Visa and MasterCard approval,” Mobeewave’s Vincent Alimi has told NFC World+.
- Fossil to add NFC payments to multiple smartwatch brands?
- SPA white paper examines the potential of bank cards with built-in biometric sensors
- Citi to let customers check their bank account from within Facebook Messenger
- BBVA tests face recognition payments
- Indian mobile payments firms raised US$1.5bn in funding in 2017