Mobile in-store marketing solution provider inMarket’s iBeacon platform now reaches 31.5m monthly active consumers, the equivalent of 18% of all US mobile users, according to research conducted by Comscore. “Our beacon program works because we reach shoppers in stores via the shopping apps they already use and love,” says CEO Todd Dipaola. “Ultimately, success in beacons comes down to scale, context, and user experience.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments