US mobile payments volumes will grow from $52bn in 2014 to $142bn by 2019, according to a new forecast from Forrester. However, that number will be “just a drop in the ocean of total US consumer spending,” ComputerWorld reports, representing just 1% of the total US$16trillion consumer payments market.
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money