US mobile payments volumes will grow from $52bn in 2014 to $142bn by 2019, according to a new forecast from Forrester. However, that number will be “just a drop in the ocean of total US consumer spending,” ComputerWorld reports, representing just 1% of the total US$16trillion consumer payments market.
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale