US mobile payments volumes will grow from $52bn in 2014 to $142bn by 2019, according to a new forecast from Forrester. However, that number will be “just a drop in the ocean of total US consumer spending,” ComputerWorld reports, representing just 1% of the total US$16trillion consumer payments market.
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing