US mobile payments volumes will grow from $52bn in 2014 to $142bn by 2019, according to a new forecast from Forrester. However, that number will be “just a drop in the ocean of total US consumer spending,” ComputerWorld reports, representing just 1% of the total US$16trillion consumer payments market.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai