US mobile payments volumes will grow from $52bn in 2014 to $142bn by 2019, according to a new forecast from Forrester. However, that number will be “just a drop in the ocean of total US consumer spending,” ComputerWorld reports, representing just 1% of the total US$16trillion consumer payments market.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets