Among US and UK consumers who have not yet used a mobile wallet, 18-34 year olds are the most enthusiastic when asked about the potential benefits, research from JWT Intelligence has found. “These consumers are more interested than others in using a phone to pay if it makes transactions faster, makes splitting bills easier, can replace cash in low-denomination payments and helps keep track of purchases,” the company reveals.
- Calling all payment, card and secure credential technology suppliers
- US survey finds growing support for biometrics as a replacement for passwords and PINs
- Samsung and LG to launch low-end smartphones that support their mobile payment services
- Gemalto agrees to be acquired by Thales
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018