UK bus operator First Bus is to accept payment via Barclays Pingit nationwide following a trial launch in selected areas of the country. “Despite only recently adding Pingit as a payment option for customers, in some of First’s operating areas, the Pingit share of m-ticketing transactions is approaching 7%,” the operator explains. “More than 50% of Pingit payments so far are by bus users over the age of 25, demonstrating its popularity with customers across many age groups.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?