UK bus operator First Bus is to accept payment via Barclays Pingit nationwide following a trial launch in selected areas of the country. “Despite only recently adding Pingit as a payment option for customers, in some of First’s operating areas, the Pingit share of m-ticketing transactions is approaching 7%,” the operator explains. “More than 50% of Pingit payments so far are by bus users over the age of 25, demonstrating its popularity with customers across many age groups.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works