Payments startup Drop has launched a mobile payments and loyalty solution that uses Bluetooth beacons to let shoppers order and pay from up to 200 feet away before picking up their purchase and leaving without having to wait in line at the point of sale. “Drop is suitable for use in any purchasing environment; food trucks, beer festivals, stadiums, restaurants and bars, all of whom would use the Drop iPad POS, right through to a solution that integrates with the existing POS and ecommerce platforms,” the company says.
- China’s Expresspay Card moves into wearable payments
- PayByPhone integrates with Alexa to let drivers pay by voice from their cars
- Queensland to roll out state-wide open loop ticketing for trains, buses and ferries
- China’s national transit card system to cover 260 cities this year
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments