Payments startup Drop has launched a mobile payments and loyalty solution that uses Bluetooth beacons to let shoppers order and pay from up to 200 feet away before picking up their purchase and leaving without having to wait in line at the point of sale. “Drop is suitable for use in any purchasing environment; food trucks, beer festivals, stadiums, restaurants and bars, all of whom would use the Drop iPad POS, right through to a solution that integrates with the existing POS and ecommerce platforms,” the company says.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’