Payments startup Drop has launched a mobile payments and loyalty solution that uses Bluetooth beacons to let shoppers order and pay from up to 200 feet away before picking up their purchase and leaving without having to wait in line at the point of sale. “Drop is suitable for use in any purchasing environment; food trucks, beer festivals, stadiums, restaurants and bars, all of whom would use the Drop iPad POS, right through to a solution that integrates with the existing POS and ecommerce platforms,” the company says.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service