Payments startup Drop has launched a mobile payments and loyalty solution that uses Bluetooth beacons to let shoppers order and pay from up to 200 feet away before picking up their purchase and leaving without having to wait in line at the point of sale. “Drop is suitable for use in any purchasing environment; food trucks, beer festivals, stadiums, restaurants and bars, all of whom would use the Drop iPad POS, right through to a solution that integrates with the existing POS and ecommerce platforms,” the company says.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users