Payments startup Drop has launched a mobile payments and loyalty solution that uses Bluetooth beacons to let shoppers order and pay from up to 200 feet away before picking up their purchase and leaving without having to wait in line at the point of sale. “Drop is suitable for use in any purchasing environment; food trucks, beer festivals, stadiums, restaurants and bars, all of whom would use the Drop iPad POS, right through to a solution that integrates with the existing POS and ecommerce platforms,” the company says.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain