Global playing card producer Cartamundi is working with Holst Centre, an initiative set up by Belgian nanoelectronics research centre Imec and Dutch research institute TNO, to develop NFC tags that make use of metal-oxide (IGZO) thin-film transistor (TFT) technology on plastic film. The new tags are designed for embedding in products like game cards where there is a requirement for a solution that is both ultra-thin and flexible.
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service