Global playing card producer Cartamundi is working with Holst Centre, an initiative set up by Belgian nanoelectronics research centre Imec and Dutch research institute TNO, to develop NFC tags that make use of metal-oxide (IGZO) thin-film transistor (TFT) technology on plastic film. The new tags are designed for embedding in products like game cards where there is a requirement for a solution that is both ultra-thin and flexible.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai