Global playing card producer Cartamundi is working with Holst Centre, an initiative set up by Belgian nanoelectronics research centre Imec and Dutch research institute TNO, to develop NFC tags that make use of metal-oxide (IGZO) thin-film transistor (TFT) technology on plastic film. The new tags are designed for embedding in products like game cards where there is a requirement for a solution that is both ultra-thin and flexible.
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module
- Most US banks expected to renew Apple Pay contracts
- Barclays CEO: Payments is the battleground of finance
- Gates Foundation releases Mojaloop open source mobile payments software
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India