Nokia’s mapping and location intelligence service Here has formed the Open Mobile Ticketing Alliance (OMTA) with the aim of boosting adoption of NFC by ticketing and transit services across the world. “What we’re trying to do at Here is reduce the friction in the system and make it easier for people to find what they’re looking for,” says Here’s Peter Skillman. “It’s about creating that seamless journey that best fits your needs.”
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams