Square will add support for Apple Pay mobile payments sometime in 2015, the company’s founder Jack Dorsey has told CNN. “We’re not building a credit card. We’re not building a payment device. We’re building a [cash] register, and this register accepts all these forms of payment,” Dorsey explained.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments