‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the Oxford Dictionaries’ Word of the Year 2014 but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘vape’. “As an increasing number of retail outlets have made contactless payment facilities available, the word itself has seen a corresponding rise in use,” Oxford Dictionaries explains.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security