‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the Oxford Dictionaries’ Word of the Year 2014 but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘vape’. “As an increasing number of retail outlets have made contactless payment facilities available, the word itself has seen a corresponding rise in use,” Oxford Dictionaries explains.
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China
- M-Pesa founder shares lessons learned from ten years of mobile money