‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the Oxford Dictionaries’ Word of the Year 2014 but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘vape’. “As an increasing number of retail outlets have made contactless payment facilities available, the word itself has seen a corresponding rise in use,” Oxford Dictionaries explains.
- Macau’s ATMs are using facial recognition to help follow the money
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers