Android Pay, the mobile payments service being developed by China UnionPay, will use both NFC and fingerprint verification, Want China Times reports. “Android Pay adopts a similar model to Apple’s Apple Pay,” the report explains. “The difference is that there are more partners UnionPay can choose to produce the security recognition modules with and thus UnionPay may have greater influences on users than Apple Pay.”
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores