Android Pay, the mobile payments service being developed by China UnionPay, will use both NFC and fingerprint verification, Want China Times reports. “Android Pay adopts a similar model to Apple’s Apple Pay,” the report explains. “The difference is that there are more partners UnionPay can choose to produce the security recognition modules with and thus UnionPay may have greater influences on users than Apple Pay.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works