Magyar Telekom, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom and a member of the Hungarian Mobile Wallet Association, has launched the MobilTarca NFC mobile wallet in Hungary after a successful pilot that began in July last year. The solution incorporates payments, loyalty cards and event ticketing services and will be available on more than 30 NFC devices by the end of 2014.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities