Indian restaurant chain Adigas is rolling out NFC payments to its customers in partnership with mobile payment company iKaaz, starting first in its Brahmin’s Coffee Bar in south Bangalore. “NFC cards/tags are issued to customers [and] mapped to their mobile phones to enable micro-payments,” Iamin reports. “Customers can load amounts between Rs100 (US$1.60) and Rs10,000 with the annual transaction limit set at Rs1lakh (US$1,611).”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works