Canada’s Scotiabank has launched a Quick Balance app for the Samsung Gear 2 and Samsung Gear S smartwatches that lets customers check their account balance with a swipe of the screen. “We have seen a definite shift in the way consumers are interacting with our products and services,” says the bank’s Jeff Marshall. “It is our goal to stay ahead of the curve by developing self-service banking solutions for Canadians before they know they need them and, ultimately, a richer banking experience for our customers.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year